Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bright Modern Art

Kai and I live together (aka KL Austin) and it had been my assignment to find some light fixture for the living room (some Austin apartments do not have a main light in the living room and so you have to plug one in). My vision was a light from the ceiling, since that'd provide the most light.
So what I did was I bought a lightbulb, electric line, and extension cord. But with this design, it was basically a lightbulb hanging from the ceiling. The only problem was that I bought a lightbulb that was huge aka TOO BRIGHT. To give it a classier look as well as to dim the light a little I used a paper bag as a lamp shade. Kai liked the end result better with the new lampshade because it looked definitely hand made. I personally thought the paper bag had a modern edge to it. I was proud of my new light fixture. But it was STILL too bright.
My solution? I decided to add some asian flavor, which would also add even MORE modern edge. So now the paper bag has chinese written all over it. WHEE! I know I have inspired you to have a paper bag hanging from your ceiling. Yes, you can be awesome too. o(^.^)o

3 comments:

Jordan said...

You write it yourself?

Kiat said...

Very nice coz. And the content make me hungry.

Leah said...

yes it is written by Leah